Can nurses advertise their professional services on social media?
Find out how you can promote what you do without falling foul of the NMC’s or advertising regulator’s codes of practice
Not all nurses are employed by an organisation, for example those providing home care, and so need to have a way of reaching their target audience.
It may strike some as unusual to see nurses advertising their services on social media and elsewhere, but provided everything they say is factual, and any claims they make can be substantiated, they are legally and ethically within their rights to do so.
However any nurse thinking of doing
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests