Agenda for Change: what nurses need to know as they consider the latest pay offer
The system was set up to offer transparent pay and conditions across the NHS – but is it still fit for purpose?
What is Agenda for Change?
Agenda for Change (AfC) was seen as the largest and most ambitious attempt to introduce a new pay system in the NHS. The initiative brought together more than one million staff across the UK under a common framework.
AfC replaced the Whitley scales and clinical grading schemes and aimed to harmonise and modernise pay and conditions, terms of employment and human resources policies across the NHS.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests