Work-life balance: why our employers need to be dragged into the 21st century
Women do most of the family caring, so workplaces must factor this in and accommodate the needs of nursing professionals they are in no position to lose
Way back in the Dark Ages before I started my nurse training I worked in a bookshop with two bright, creative, older women who were former nurses.
They had been forced to give up their careers when they began their families.
Marriage and motherhood werent compatible with nursing in those days, these women explained.
Our profession was like that then, women were not allowed to have conflicting ties; nursing was all or nothing.
- RELATED: Flexible working must become the
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring more than 200 topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- RCNi Learning featuring 180 CPD-accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests