Walkies for two
Then I hear the front door click. Or do I? According to the clock, it is 6.30 in the morning. Must be the paper boy.
And suddenly it is 7 o’clock, and Janet is coming into the room looking flushed. Am I in a rom com now? What is she up to? I ask if she has been on a dawn tryst, but my teasing falls on deaf ears. Then I see the earphones and the penny drops.
‘Don’t tell me you’ve been jogging. I don’t believe it. When did either of us do jogging?’ But she shakes her head. Not jogging, she says. Walking. Briskly. Once round the block. To get fit.
Now before you go haring off with the idea that ‘round the block’ is a mere bagatelle, I should point out that this block extends half a mile out of the village, up a...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests