Top tips for reflection
The way to revalidate? Check desk drawers, write up your practice hours and go on a train journey, advises Ruth May
I made a commitment, months ago, to go through revalidation ahead of schedule. It seemed a good idea when sitting by the fire, catching up with emails and Twitter on a dark winter’s evening.
Then dawn broke, and with it the realisation that I had better start digging out those attendance certificates, notes from presentations, articles I had read, my master’s degree dissertation and so on.
Nursing and Midwifery Council guidance was scant at the time, but five reflections and five examples of continuing professional development... how hard could it be?
To be honest, I had more work to do than I ought to admit. Yes, I had done the required continuing professional development (CPD) and practice hours, but the evidence was in my...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests