Talk on counter-terrorism made me twitchy
Now listen up. I could be about to wipe my hard drive, so I need to make this quick. Yesterday, a counter-terrorism guy came to my workplace to give a presentation on how to survive a Marauding Terrorist Firearms Attack (MTFA), and one thing led to another.
Now, in your line of business, you are doubtless clued up on MTFAs. ‘Run, hide, fight’ will be second nature, and you will know that cowering behind a ward screen will do you no good. But until yesterday, I thought an MTFA was a monounsaturated trans fatty acid.
Sure, I had seen counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer in action, after a thoughtful uncle gave my boys all nine seasons of the TV show 24 on DVD. But being briefed by an actual counter-terrorism operative brandishing cool acronyms was a lot more real than watching actor Kiefer Sutherland saying ‘copy that’ and ‘patch...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests