Support for nurses in making clinical decisions
Clinical decision support tools provide nurses with pertinent knowledge and patient information
Today’s nurses and other healthcare professionals must constantly keep pace with an ever-expanding body of clinical knowledge so as to be able to deliver evidence-based, cost-effective and high-quality care to patients.
Infusing healthcare practice with evidence from research has long been important, yet it now seems ubiquitous, spanning nursing practice, academia and scientific research communities alike.
Demand for more nurses and healthcare professionals familiar with and well-trained in evidence-based practice has never been greater, with populations all over the world getting older and sicker. Evidence needs to inform practice at the point of care in support of nurses’ clinical decision making.
Pertinent, organised knowledge
Clinical decision support is a way to enhance health-related decisions and actions with pertinent, organised clinical knowledge and patient information so as...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests