Sleep breaks on shift are a serious step forward, whether you’re napping or not
Staff well-being and patient safety are both better served with this mid-shift innovation
Ha! Pull the other one, I thought – okay, it’s April, but the first has come and gone.
Such was my reaction when I recently read about nurses napping at work. Officially. On night duty.
One person’s nap is another’s meditation break
Now, I have worked a lot of nights. I was even on permanent night duty for a time, but rarely did I ever get any break at all over the 12 hours of my shift, let alone an opportunity to hunker down and snuggle into the arms of Morpheus.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests