Short-staffed and attacked by patients: who safeguards nurses?
Nursing staff are facing rising levels of abuse from patients as NHS waiting lists soar, but if management keeps turning a blind eye, they will vote with their feet
Imagine you are watching the last nest of the lesser spotted woodpecker being wrecked by vandals.
Then, when the world’s sole surviving chick is carried away by a hungry fox, you realise you are witnessing extinction at first hand.
Frustrated patients are biting the hands that feed
With nurses being the nearest that humans have to an endangered species, the fact that those still standing are being thrown under a bus by NHS management fills me with dread.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests