Secrets of effective nurse leaders: tips on what works best
The essential qualities of a successful leader apply in nursing and the NHS as much as anywhere. Advanced clinical practitioner Neal Aplin offers tips for leading with passion and enthusiasm
The essential qualities of a successful leader apply in nursing and the NHS as much as anywhere. An advanced clinical practitioner offers tips for leading with passion and enthusiasm
Generating enthusiasm is one of the five essential elements of effective leadership according to research , and I couldn’t agree more.
Having undertaken different types of leadership roles during my 22 years in the NHS, my practice of leading with passion and enthusiasm remains the same.
Part of my leadership toolkit
Enthusiasm is an essential component of my leadership toolkit, which I have developed and put to use in both my ward-based clinical leader roles and, more recently,
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Already registered or subscribed? Log in