Retired nurse reservists: short-term staffing fix or NHS misstep?
It won’t help the staffing crisis in the long term, but the call for volunteer reservists to help tackle waiting lists could be a life-changer for patients
‘Calm down, dear’ – remember that insurance advert from the noughties ?
I want to say that to the nursing unions, because whenever the hammer of government strategy thumps the patellar tendon of nursing opinion, there is a split-second reflex that assumes that the powers-that-be have got it wrong.
Experience has taught nurses to be wary
Years of bitter experience have brought about this knee-jerk reaction. The Department of Health and Social Care seems to make a habit of ignoring those who know what they are talking about and heeding those
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests