Patient safety is just not possible without the right number of nurses
World Patient Safety Day helps us focus on what the evidence says about the role of nurses
Most days of the year are international awareness days for something or other.
Some causes are more worthy than others. On the day I write this column, for example, we can commemorate Cheesecake Day. However, many days are dedicated to raising awareness of important health-related issues.
Why the world needs to mobilise on patient safety
The United Nations obviously sees the value of these international days as it marks more than 170 of them, with the intention of ‘mobilising political will and resources to address global problems and celebrating and reinforcing achievements of humanity’.
A new date on the calendar is World Patient Safety Day on 17 September. The International...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests