Nurses need to focus on their own health even though the odds are stacked against them
A new film aims to help nurses ditch coping mechanisms that are damaging their health
All too often nurses care for others before caring for themselves. Staffing levels are outrageous and the rate of suicide among nurses is 23% higher than the UK national average. The emotional burden of caring is huge and when added to a lack of work/life balance it can feel too much to care for ourselves.
It is unacceptable that nurses do not have sufficient breaks, with many working long shifts without the time to drink a glass of water or have healthy food.
More than three years ago, C3 Collaborating for Health rose to the challenge of exploring...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests