Nurse staffing is too important to leave to wishful thinking – we need detailed plans for achieving it
The pandemic has shown how central nurses are to patient safety, so it’s time decision-makers told us what they intend to do to meet fundamental workforce standards
This past year has shown us all the critical importance of skilled nursing care to the safety of patients.
The biggest challenge during the pandemic was not making sure we had enough beds or enough ventilators, but that we had enough nurses with the right skills to care for acutely ill patients.
Quite simply, workforce is the make or break issue in care delivery.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests