My message for every nurse: policy matters so make sure you help shape it
ICN’s Howard Catton calls on all nurses to get involved in politics and decision-making
I have been to some amazing gatherings of nurses over the years, but my first International Council of Nurses (ICN) congress as chief executive officer was outstanding.
We had more than 5,500 nurses from 125 different countries in Singapore at the end of June, all of them keen to learn from each other, represent their colleagues back home and share their experiences.
Air of optimism
There was an upbeat vibe right across the whole event, an understanding that nursing is in the spotlight globally and a real sense that our time has come.
ICN represents nurses at all levels and stages of their careers, and at our congress we had nursing students rubbing shoulders with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests