Menopause: women’s shame is consigned to history, now let’s see NHS employers catch up
Nurses experiencing menopause symptoms deserve workplaces that meet their needs
My husband awoke with a cry of terror, as though he’d found a tarantula in the bed.
But no – it was not an arachnid that had caused his fright.
During the night my hormone replacement therapy (HRT) patch had dislodged itself from my hip and become stuck to his thigh.
I don’t know what he thought it would do, but he spent an inordinate amount of time in front of the mirror that day.
Stigma and taboo meant women suffered in silence
HRT was a lifeline for me during the
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests