Kevin Hyland: As a nurse, you are on the front line fighting modern slavery
The independent anti-slavery commissioner pledges his support to healthcare professionals who have a unique role to play in tackling this brutal trade in human life
If someone walks into your surgery, ward or unit with indicators of modern slavery, would you know how to respond?
If your answer is yes, then efforts in the anti-slavery sector are proving successful.
If your answer is no, then I want to better support you as you fulfil your role on the front line in the fight against modern slavery.
As a health professional, you are in a prime position to end a case of exploitation and prevent further harm. As your independent anti-slavery commissioner, it is my job to ensure this takes place.
Modern slavery is a serious crime that impacts more than 40 million people around the world and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests