Janet Davies: Scrap the cap or we will ballot RCN members on strike action
As the RCN gears up for a summer of protest, college chief executive Janet Davies has a strong message for the new government: scrap the 1% pay cap for 2018 or we will ballot our members on strike action
This summer the RCN will be protesting across the country. Campaigning for the general election may be over but we are continuing our fight for better pay for nurses.
At RCN congress in May, members sent a strong and clear message that the government’s policy on pay is unacceptable. Nursing staff are at least £3,000 a year worse off than they were in 2010, and we know they are struggling to pay bills and are taking on extra shifts just to make ends meet.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests