Janet Davies: Dawn of a year of opportunity for nurses
Campaigning for safe staffing legislation and ensuring a pay rise for all will be the top priorities in 2018, says RCN chief executive Janet Davies
By the time you read this, the festive season will be over and we will be settling into the New Year.
I think it’s fair to say that 2017 was challenging for all of us. We were dealing with so many issues affecting nurses and nursing all at once.
As we start a new year and consider our resolutions, we should see 2018 as a year of opportunity – a chance for the profession to resolve the pressing challenges of safe staffing, nursing education and pay.
Campaigning for safe staffing legislation will be a top priority for the RCN. Many of you have told us how short staffing is affecting your work and the care...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests