If you want to educate the public – ask a nurse
Public health campaigns are a blunt necessity, but nurses have the expertise and common sense to support people in making changes for the betterPeople can find government messaging on topics such as obesity patronising. Picture: Alamy
Rather strange, wasn’t it, the short but sizzling heatwave?
It was 33°C in the shade in our garden and I loved it. The first summer of my retirement and instead of sweltering at work, I was sweltering on my sun lounger.
Has the COVID-19 crisis eroded tolerance for public health advice?
But there was something weird about it all – although the weather conditions were extreme, there was no nannying from the government. No one told me to use sun cream or drink lots of water, or
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests