Howard Catton: Changing how the world's policymakers view us will help Nursing Now campaign meet its important aims
There is plenty of hard evidence to back the case for investment in nurses
The Nursing Now campaign marks a unique moment in nursing history. The launch events in February captured the passion and energy of what nursing is and can be, with the social media tide that swept around the world creating a huge buzz.
The priorities of Nursing Now align very closely with those of the International Council of Nurses (ICN). This is why, along with the World Health Organization (WHO), we are formally collaborating with the campaign.
With the patronage of the Duchess of Cambridge and leadership of former NHS chief executive Lord Nigel Crisp, the campaign has established a powerful platform to advance the nursing profession.
We need to change political...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests