How Ukraine war poses widespread threat to healthcare
Spending on defence at the expense of health risks destabilising pandemic recovery as nurses respond to humanitarian crisis that poses threat to public health
When historians write about the twenty-first century there is no doubt that the current decade will have a chapter to itself.
Already, defining events include the COVID-19 pandemic and the devastation from Russia’s war in Ukraine.
The humanitarian situation in Ukraine is dire.
We at the International Council of Nurses (ICN) have joined many voices around the world calling for an immediate ceasefire and end to hostilities, and for nurses and other healthcare professionals and the services they work in
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests