Nursing Standard podcast: Could parliament's Brexit chaos be the catalyst for nursing action?
Episode 7 of the Nursing Standard podcast has an interview with nurse peer Baroness Mary Watkins who hints at a Brexit opportunity and also features a discussion on the future of general practice nursing
Listen to the Nursing Standard podcast
Share your feedback
Tweet your thoughts using the hashtag #nspod or email comments and suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscibe to the Nursing Standard podcast
Subscribe to the Nursing Standard podcast on iTunes (for Apple and desktop users or Stitcher (for Android, desktop and Apple users)
Commissioning editor Thelma Agnew presents a clip from her interview with nurse peer Baroness Mary Watkins, which forms part of Nursing Standard feature, As a nurse peer I have access to ministers – and they do listen.
Baroness Watkins considers her rise to the House of Lords and perceptions of the NHS, including the effect of the four-hour target in emergency departments.
General practice nursing
Presenter Matthew Mckew is then joined by De Montfort University second year adult nursing student Lucy Powley, NHS England Midlands and East regional clinical lead Barbara McLean and Health Education England regional chief nurse for the Midlands and East Beverly Ingram, to discuss general practice nursing.
The episode ends with an interview by senior nurse editor Richard Hatchett with King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust nurse consultant Emma Gee.
The pair discuss Ms Gee's recent clinical article Principles and nursing management of anticoagulation.
Catch up on previous episodes this season
- Episode 1 – Foundation years for nursing students
- Special – 'Integrate the four fields of nursing,' says nurse leader Alison Twycross
- Episode 2 – Nursing student bursary was ‘far from ideal,’ says nurse MP Maria Caulfield
- Episode 3 – Swansea university students reflect on training experience
- Episode 4 – Change is in the care
- Episode 5 – ‘Agile working is about the difference we can make for patients’
- Episode 6 – Tool to help you spot signs of modern slavery in a patient
In other news