Nursing Standard podcast: Change is in the care
Ensuring people without a permanent home receive the same standard of palliative care is not easy, an advanced nurse practitioner tells Nursing Standard podcast
Listen to the Nursing Standard podcast
Share your feedback
Tweet your thoughts using the hashtag #nspod or email comments and suggestion to email@example.com
Subscibe to the Nursing Standard podcast
Subscribe to the Nursing Standard podcast on iTunes (for Apple and desktop users or Stitcher (for Android, desktop and Apple users)
On the latest episode, Wendy Webb describes her experiences of working with homeless people and explains some of the challenges in providing them with end-of-life care.
Ms Webb recently co-authored a CPD article in Nursing Standard about end of life care.
Episode 4 of #nspod also features an interview with Nursing Standard editor Graham Scott, who outlines what changes to the journal readers can expect over the coming weeks.
Enhancing Nursing Standard online
Mr Scott, who is also RCNi editorial director, explains why the print edition is moving from weekly to monthly editions and reveals how the journal’s online offering will be enhanced.
The podcast also includes an exclusive interview by Nursing Standard commissioning editor Thelma Agnew with nurse academic Dame Jill Macleod Clark.
Professor Macleod Clark has led the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s review of pre-registration education for nurses and explains her reasoning behind some of the changes.
Catch up on previous episodes this season
- Episode 1 – Foundation years for nursing students
- Special – 'Integrate the four fields of nursing,' says nurse leader Alison Twycross
- Episode 2 – Nursing student bursary was ‘far from ideal,’ says nurse MP Maria Caulfield
- Episode 3 - Swansea university students reflect on training experience
In other news
- Exclusive: The false job titles that are undermining trust in nurses
- NHS retention: more needs to be done to retain new wave of nurses