RCN delivers giant letter on safe staffing to Matt Hancock
The letter was signed by thousands of nurses at this year’s congress
A giant letter signed by thousands of nurses calling on health and social care secretary Matt Hancock to back a safe staffing law in England has been delivered to the heart of government.
RCN members took the letter – which was signed by members attending RCN congress in May – to the Department of Health and Social Care (DH) in London.
The letter reads: ‘Wales has one. Scotland has one. When will we?’
Wales’ nurse staffing law was implemented in April 2018 for adult acute medical and surgical inpatient wards.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests