Nurses urged to check people with learning disabilities registered for COVID-19 vaccine
RCN has raised concerns that not all adult service users are on the GP learning disability register
Nurses have been urged to check that people with learning disabilities are known to their GP to access the COVID-19 vaccine after the priority list was expanded.
All adults on the GP learning disability register will now be invited for a vaccine following a recommendation by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which advises the government on vaccines.
Up until now only those with severe and profound learning disabilities had been prioritised.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests