Nurses collect donations for students affected by building fire
Fellow university students and local nursing staff offer support after flats destroyed
Members of the nursing community have rallied round to help those affected by a fire that destroyed a block of flats and in which more than 200 University of Bolton students were living.
Images on social media show nursing students taking donations for those affected to the university, while nurses at a neonatal intensive care unit at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust collected donations including toiletries, clothing and food.
Donations for those affected
Trust director of nursing and deputy chief executive Trish Armstrong-Child said: ‘We know that we have caring and compassionate staff here, and the fact that they have arranged donations for the students affected by the fire proves this. I’m very proud of our team.’...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests