Hancock ‘wouldn’t rule out’ banning unvaccinated children from school
Worrying rise in children missing MMR vaccine has to be tackled, says health secretary
Health secretary Matt Hancock has said he ‘wouldn’t rule out anything’, when asked whether unvaccinated children should be banned from schools.
Speaking on TalkRadio, Mr Hancock said the UK is ‘not there yet’ in relation to issuing a ban, as has happened in some parts of the United States, as well as France and Italy.
New figures from Unicef show that more than half a million children in the UK who were due to receive their first vaccination against measles between 2010 and 2017 did not receive it.
Mr Hancock told the breakfast show he...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests