Overweight people with diabetes risk cognitive problems
Obese and overweight people with type 2 diabetes are at greater risk of abnormal brain structure and cognitive problems, a study has found
Obese and overweight people with type 2 diabetes are at increased risk of abnormal brain structure and cognitive problems, a study has found.
Researchers at Ewha Womans University in Seoul and the University of Utah in the US looked at 150 Korean people aged between 30 and 60.
A third of participants were overweight or obese people with type 2 diabetes, a further 50 people also had the condition but were of normal weight, and the remaining 50 were a control group of normal weight who did not have diabetes.
Participants underwent MRI scans to determine the thickness of the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests