Pay: why this year's salary increase may depend on where you live
The final article in our series on the 2018 negotiations on nurses’ pay examines some of the variations across the four countries of the UK
- Nurses hoping for an award that makes up earnings lost due to pay restraint
- NHS staff unions also seek to iron out discrepancies in AfC structure
- NHS Pay Review Body’s recommendation is expected in April
- Links to the rest of our pay series - examining the attempt to link pay to 'productivity' and changes to the Agenda for Change structure - are at the end of this article
Pay and staffing dominate nursing workforce debate across the four countries of the UK, so how does the picture differ in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as the prospect of a new pay deal looms?
The NHS Pay Review Body (RB),...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests