Nutritional care: steps to support patients with eating and drinking difficulties
We explain the latest guidance on optimal assessment and care, especially for patients at the end of life
- Increasingly complex problems and an older population present new challenges in decision-making regarding nutrition and hydration
- Factors that affect eating and drinking, and what to consider when assessing your patient
- How ethics and the law influence decisions regarding capacity, and how to use the RCP guidance to improve your practice
Sarah is 68 years old and was diagnosed with dementia two years ago. She lives at home where she seems quite happy and mobilises freely.
But she has lost 30% of her body weight in the past six months and there
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests