NHS pension reforms: what the latest update means for those on the old and new schemes
How 2015 changes to the NHS pension scheme affect nurses, plus who needs to make a choice
- Unions have welcomed a government decision on the remedy option for the England and Wales NHS Pension Scheme
- How and when affected members will be asked to choose their preferred scheme – either the 2015 scheme or the 1995 ‘legacy’ scheme
- Advice for nurses on timescales, factors that may affect your pension benefits, how to choose the best option for you and when to seek further help
For many people, a pension is their most valuable asset after their home.
An NHS pension – which gives you a guaranteed index-linked income for
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests