Momentum building over possible tax rebates for nurses
Nurses are increasingly becoming aware of how to claim back significant tax and national insurance rebates from money they overpaid while training
Many nurses could be eligible for tax rebates. Picture: iStock
Last week Nursing Standard reported on how potentially thousands of nurses and other healthcare staff could be in line for rebates if they overpaid contributions while studying on Widening Access Training (WAT) scheme courses.
The issue is being widely discussed by nurses on social media, advice is being provided by unions, and some trusts are starting to provide information on their websites on how to make a claim.
Website MoneySavingExpert.com says it has been contacted by a ‘constant stream’ of NHS staff who want to find out if they are eligible.Successful ...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests