How to delegate – and how not to: tips on team working and leadership
Delegation helps individuals and teams develops skills and confidence. Here’s what you need to know to do it well
- No one has the time and resources to do everything themselves, so being able to delegate is a vital skill in nursing
- An ability to lead and coordinate care is something every nurse will need at every stage of their career, and part of the NMC code
- Advice on delegating as part of everyday practice, maintaining accountability, offering and seeking feedback and building trust within your team
Delegation is an important part of nursing and something every nurse, from newly qualified to chief nursing officer, has to do.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests