Being a nurse in the menopause: why it’s no time for taboos
Women coping with menopause symptoms deserve support and empathy in the workplace
- Too many healthcare employers are failing to meet the needs of a large section of their workforce – menopausal and perimenopausal nursing staff
- Workplace policies on lightweight uniforms, ventilation and rest areas are not always put into practice
- Advice on how to support team members or colleagues who are experiencing menopause symptoms at work
With almost half of the UK nursing workforce aged 41 or over, it's likely that many will be in the throes of menopause or perimenopause now or in the near future.
Survey exposes lack of support for menopausal women in nursing roles
But a Nursing Standard survey of 2,241 UK nurses has laid bare just how poorly-supported some staff are when it comes to coping with menopause symptoms...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests