A typical day on the Heart Helpline: my role as a cardiac nurse
An experienced nurse describes how staff, callers and services have adjusted in the pandemic
- In the past year calls and emails to the Heart Helpline have risen by 38% due to the pandemic
- Helpline nurses must constantly update their knowledge of heart conditions and COVID-19, including vaccines
- The role involves signposting people living with heart and circulatory diseases and offering advice and support to their loved ones or bereaved relatives
Senior cardiac nurse Barbara Kobson supports the British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) Heart Helpline .
Here she shares an account of a typical day on the helpline and how her
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests