When social media becomes a minefield for nurses
It is possible to stay professional while engaging in robust debate… isn’t it?
- Social media is invaluable for peer support, discussion and idea-sharing, but tempers can fray
- Advice from nurses who are seasoned users of social media on how to behave professionally in online discussions
- Tips for dealing with rudeness and how to avoid causing offence
Social media is a routine part of what seems like everyone’s daily lives. It informs, entertains and, crucially for nurses, helps create professional connections by being a forum for debate and a place of peer support.
But what happens when you strongly disagree with a fellow professional’s views? It is possible to dissent without being rude, nasty or falling out… isn’t it?
How to disagree on social media without causing offence
‘It’s okay to disagree, but it’s...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests