Therapeutic camps a life-changing experience for children and nurse volunteers
At the Over the Wall camps children with life-limiting conditions get to fulfil some dreams and have a lot of fun. For the nurse volunteers who support them, including the chief nursing officer for England, it is a chance to broaden their experience and get back in touch with what they love most about nursing
In her day job, Jane Cummings is chief nursing officer for England, with all the duties and high-level meetings that involves.
But when she dons her pink volunteer T-shirt at a camp run by a children’s charity, ‘high-level’ is more likely to involve a zip line or climbing wall than nursing policy or meetings.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests