Star power: Emilia Clarke set to ‘shine a light’ for nurses
The RCN ambassador tells Nursing Standard her character in Game of Thrones would ‘absolutely approve’ of her campaigning for nurses
When the RCN announced in April that Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke would be its new ambassador, the news caused quite a stir. One of the most popular young actors in the world was lending her star power to the college, and pledging to be a champion for nursing.
It was a coup for the RCN, but not everyone was impressed. There were comments on social media that a multimillionaire actor was hardly a great fit for nursing. Some questioned why the college was buying into celebrity culture.
But watching Emilia Clarke at the RCNi Nurse Awards 2018 ceremony in London in early July, it is clear she is well-informed about the problems...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests