Mentoring: what’s in it for me?
Students and experienced nurses can learn from each other through a mentoring programme
- Student programme runs events promoting leadership skills in future workforce
- Cohorts of 50 students are paired with front runners in their disciplines
- Scheme is for nursing students, midwives and allied professionals who aspire to lead
For newly qualified mental health nurse Kelly-Hellen Hitchcock, being mentored has proved pivotal in her career.
‘It’s only when you look back, you can see with hindsight how something has had a major impact on your life,’ says Ms Hitchcock, who graduated from the University of Derby last year and is now working as a community mental health nurse in south Derbyshire.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests