I love how my job combines education and training with clinical practice
Clinical educator Nadia Freri wanted to go to the next level, but not as a nurse manager
After qualifying as a children’s nurse from the University of Surrey in 2012, I spent two years working in general paediatrics at Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, the largest provider of acute hospital services in Surrey.
The care of some of the patients I looked after was shared with the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, and after developing a keen interest in oncology, I applied for a band 5 role at the Royal Marsden and got it.
I worked on the 18-bed McElwain Ward at the Oak Centre for Children and Young People and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests