Caring for patients with mesothelioma
Mesothelioma nurse specialist Anne Moylan talks to Lynne Pearce about her complex but highly rewarding role caring for patients with this rare form of cancer.
A charity funded nursing post may be fulfilling, but is it a dead end for your career progression?
For lung cancer and mesothelioma nurse specialist Anne Moylan it has meant the opposite, with promotion to a band 8 nursing role, leading a team of specialist mesothelioma nurses based in the south of England.
‘I’m delighted,’ says Ms Moylan, who is based at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. ‘Often with band 8 roles you lose your clinical caseload, but that’s not so with this job.’
The story began back in January 2014, when her trust was awarded funding from the charity...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests