60 seconds with senior nursing lecturer Iwan Dowie
‘It is easy to be judgmental but life is complex, so it is important to listen to others. Don't be afraid to say you are wrong,’ says senior nursing lecturer Iwan Dowie
Iwan Dowie trained as an adult nurse at the University of Greenwich, qualifying in 1996. He specialised in medical assessment and district nursing before completing a law degree in 2001 and entering nurse education as a practice facilitator. In 2005 he took up his current post as a senior lecturer at the University of South Wales, where he teaches across the nursing curriculum with a focus on law, ethics and professional practice. He is also a registrant panellist for the Nursing and Midwifery Council, where is involved in fitness to practise cases....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests