60 seconds with Royal Marsden head of pastoral care and psychological support Sara Lister
Behind every person, there’s a story, and patients deserve your time and attention, says head of pastoral care and psychological support Sara Lister
Sara Lister says she hopes the Marsden Manual helps nurses to deliver effective, patient-focused care
Sara Lister qualified as a nurse in 1988 in London. While in a nurse teacher role at the RCN in 1992, she was one of the first lecturer-practitioners to lead mandatory training and induction programmes for nurses. She joined the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust in 2000 as deputy chief nurse, and in 2001 established The Royal Marsden School, one of the UK’s leading specialist cancer schools. She has co-edited The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures for the last 17 years, and is also the trust’s head of psychological support and pastoral care.
What are your main work responsibilities? Managing the department that provides...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests