60 seconds with respiratory nurse consultant Gail Miles
Make every day the best you can for yourself and those around you. No one knows what tomorrow will bring, says respiratory nurse consultant Gail Miles
Gail Miles says she loves to hear patients say BreathingSpace has made a difference to their lives.
Gail Miles is nurse consultant and clinical lead for BreathingSpace, a nurse-run unit for patients with long-term respiratory conditions in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. She has worked for more than 20 years in respiratory care, and her previous roles have included respiratory specialist nurse at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and respiratory nurse consultant at Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Derbyshire, where she worked for five years before taking up her current post in 2006.
What are your main work responsibilities?
I am clinical lead for a range of sub-speciality respiratory clinics, a home oxygen and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests