60 seconds with RCN West Midlands regional director Paul Vaughan
I have a passion for supporting people to be the best they can be, says RCN West Midlands regional director Paul Vaughan
After training as a nurse in Ireland, Paul Vaughan moved to the UK in 1989 when he took up a post in orthopaedics at Gloucestershire Royal Infirmary. He then became an ENT nurse, rising to ENT senior nurse manager in 1995. The following year he became a sponsorship executive at the RCN, with subsequent roles at the college, including employment relations officer, learning and development facilitator and healthcare assistant adviser in the nursing department. He took up his current post as RCN West Midlands regional director in 2009.
What are your main work responsibilities? I...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests