60 seconds with RCN professional lead Christine McKenzie
When an opportunity arises, grab it, says Christine McKenzie, RCN professional lead for the executive nurse network
Christine McKenzie joined the RCN in 2004 as a clinical leadership facilitator, having previously worked as a practice development nurse. Her clinical roles include staff nurse, ward sister and manager for a centre providing women’s services at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in London. She is RCN professional lead for the executive nurse network and professional learning and development facilitator for the London region.
What are your main work responsibilities? To provide learning and development advice as well as support across the London region, and lead the RCN executive nurse network.
Who are your clients/patients? I work with a range of health professionals to enhance the experience of patients, families and staff working in and across health and social care.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests