60 seconds with Public Health England nurse consultant Michele Lawrence
'Public health action in response to an outbreak has to be timely,' says Public Health England nurse consultant Michele Lawrence
After qualifying as a nurse in 1992 in Walsall, West Midlands, Michele Lawrence spent more than 25 years working for the NHS. Her previous roles include consultant nurse in health protection at Sandwell Primary Care Trust, now Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group, where she was responsible for implementing national immunisation policy and supporting an improvement in immunisation uptake. She has been in her current role as nurse consultant for Public Health England (PHE) (West Midlands) since 2013.
What are your main work responsibilities? I lead on quality and governance for the West Midlands PHE, ensuring we have quality systems and processes in place. I am also the named safeguarding lead...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests