60 seconds with professor of children’s nursing Alison Twycross
Dont be afraid to push at doors to help you find the career pathway thats right for you, says Alison Twycross
Alison Twycross started her nursing career in 1981, working as a volunteer at a local hospice while doing her A levels. A registered adult, mental health and childrens nurse, she has worked in nurse education for 21 years and is professor of childrens nursing and head of department for childrens nursing at London South Bank University. Ms Twycross has edited three books bringing together research relating to managing pain in children, and is the editor of RCNis Evidence-Based Nursing journal.
What are your main work responsibilities? Managing and leading the department of childrens nursing, maintaining relationships with stakeholders and improving the student experience.
Who are your clients/patients? Students, hospitals and other organisations who...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests