60 seconds with principal nursing lecturer Linda Kenward
Plan your career but also take risks, and grab any opportunity that comes your way, says principal lecturer in nursing Linda Kenward
Linda Kenward qualified as a nurse in the Royal Air force in 1981. She spent her early career working in theatres/recovery before moving into school nursing and then education in 2005 as a practice education facilitator. Her first academic role was in 2009, as programme lead for mentorship at the Open University, and she is currently principal lecturer in nursing at the University of Cumbria. A qualified counsellor, she has also worked as an academic consultant for the BBC on an award-winning TV series.
What are your main work responsibilities? I line manage a team of nursing lecturers, supporting them to deliver a quality pre-registration programme across...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests